Sunday, September 13, 2009

"The Strong"

As I was gathering my materials and books after the final class on Thursday, a few of my tenth grade students stayed after class asking questions about the piano, about music, and in general making conversation. Reaching for my portable dry-erase board, I noticed that one of the three girls had written their nicknames on the board along with "Las Fuertes" ("The Strong"). Gathering around, they wanted to be sure that I KNEW that they were "The Strong."

Throughout the four weeks that I have been teaching, I have heard the term "fuerte" used to describe an age group, grade, or an individual student. It basically means, "that crowd can be hard to handle." As I prayed for wisdom this week about a particularly hard situation, the answer unexpectedly came after my introduction to the calm and cool (attempting to be unsettling?) "Las Fuertes" of the tenth grade. These students may be "strong," but GOD is stronger yet!

Ephesians 6:10 says, "Be strong in the Lord, and in the power of His might."

I rejoice in the fact that I serve the Almighty God, who fills me with the power of His Holy Spirit as I depend upon Him for strength.

Although there have been challenges (please continue to pray for the 5th and 9th grades!), there have also been blessings, as I have seen the continued eagerness to learn and grow in many students. Thank you for your faithful prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment